To facilitate demand and supply matching of agri-food products between European and non-European operators, BMTI has created the International Online Market (IOM) – a regulated online platform to exchange agricultural and agri-food products under the established rules of international trade.
- It allows wholesale buy and sell of agri-food products – B2B
- It is a regulated spot Market, not a financial one
- It generates online contracts
- Easier access to foreign markets also for small and medium enterprises
- Clarity and standardisation of negotiations
- Less disputes among the parties
Contracts concluded in the IOM are based on a regulation valid at the international level. The regulation is composed by the selling General Regulation, General Provisions and Specific Provisions.
General Regulation: it defines IOM general functioning terms and the requirements for the interested operators to have in order to access the IOM.
General Conditions: they establish terms and modalities of negotiation.
Specific Conditions: in addition to the General Provisions, they define the contractual terms for each category of product.